If you have a Medicare Advantage or HMO plan
Do you have a Medicare Advantage or HMO (health maintenance organization) plan? If so, there are two steps you need to take to become an OptumCare® member.
- Choose a health plan that gives you access to OptumCare.
- Choose a primary care provider who is part of the OptumCare Network.
How do they all work together?
Figuring out how your health plan, medical network and doctor work together can be confusing. What’s the difference between what your health plan does and what your network does? How do they both work with your doctor? We’ve created a graphic to help make it more clear.
Start with your health plan
If you want to switch to a doctor who is part of OptumCare, it starts with your health plan. Currently in Utah, the AARP Medicare Complete plan is the only plan that gives you access to OptumCare Network.
Select a primary care doctor
If you have the AARP Medicare Complete plan, you are already in the OptumCare Network. All you have to do is pick a primary care doctor who is part of the network.
When can I join?
The open enrollment period is a time when people who are eligible for Medicare or an HMO plan can:
- Enroll in a new Medicare Advantage (MA) plan.
- Switch from original Medicare to an MA plan.
Your new plan will usually go into effect on January 1 of the next year.
Find out more about your Medicare Advantage options.
Can I join at other times of the year?
You might be able to join OptumCare at other times of the year if:
- You’re already a member of a health plan that partners with OptumCare.
- You enroll in a new health plan that partners with OptumCare.
- You qualify for both Medicare Parts A and B, including if you also have Medicaid.
For more information on the health plans accepted by OptumCare providers, call us today at:
For more information about Medicare eligibility and Medicare Advantage plan enrollment, go to the CMS website at www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week.