Build strength to help you stay independent and manage your health. As you age, keeping your body strong will help you feel your best. Exercising can help make daily activities easier for you to perform. It can also help you deal with chronic conditions.
Set some goals
Get started on your healthy path by setting some goals you’d like to reach. Then picture yourself achieving them. Make sure your goal is a SMART goal. How will you do it? When? Why is it relevant or important to you?
Try to make your SMART goals follow these guidelines:
- Specific —It’s well defined.
- Measurable — You can see your progress.
- Attainable —It’s something you can accomplish.
- Relevant — It’s something that is important to you.
- Time-based — Define a period of time to reach it.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institutes of Health