Have you scheduled your Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) yet? The main purpose of an AWV is to check your overall health. It also ensures your personal plan of care is working. This visit is a good time to address any health concerns with your doctor.
Is it covered by my health plan?
If you’ve had Medicare Part B for longer than 12 months, an AWV is usually covered. Check with your health plan to make sure this benefit applies to you.
What to expect
Your doctor will create a personalized prevention plan for you based on your current health and risk factors. This can help to catch health problems early when they are easier to manage. Annual exams typically check your:
- Health history
- Vital signs
- Head and neck
Your doctor will also:
- Update your list of medications.
- Look for any cognitive impairment.
- Offer personalized health advice.
- Create a list of risk factors and treatment options for you.
- Provide a checklist of screenings that are right for you.
Call your doctor to schedule your AWV today. For helpful FAQs and to learn more about what to expect at your visit, click here.