OptumCare® Network of Nevada accepts five Medicare Advantage plans:
- UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Focus (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP® MedicareComplete® (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP® MedicareComplete® Premier
- Anthem MediBlue Coordination Plus (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO)
To become a member, you'll need to make select OptumCare Network of Nevada through your insurance plan. You can then choose a primary care provider, who is a part of the network.
How do they all work together?
Figuring out how your health plan, medical network and doctor work together can be confusing. What’s the difference between what your health plan does and what your network does? How do they both work with your doctor? We’ve created a video to help make it more clear.
Health insurance plan
Your plan pays the cost of your medical care. This can include:
- Medical benefits
- Behavioral health
- Prescription drug coverage
Through your health plan you choose a medical network and doctor.
You choose your medical network through your health plan. The medical network gives you access to your doctor, hospitals and other health care providers. This can include:
- Urgent care
- Specialist referrals
- Case management
- Lab services
- X-ray services
Your doctor and health care team
You select your primary care doctor through your medical network. Your doctor works with your medical network and health plan to keep you feeling your best.
When can I join?
The open enrollment period is a time when people who are eligible for Medicare can:
- Enroll in a new Medicare Advantage (MA) plan.
- Switch from original Medicare to an MA plan.
- Your new plan will usually go into effect on January 1 of the next year.
You are also eligible to enroll in a Medicare plan when:
- You're turning 65 soon, or you've recently celebrated your 65th birthday.
- You've recently moved to Southern Nevada.
- You've just become Medicare-eligible.
Find out more about your Medicare Advantage options.