It’s no secret that helping someone else can improve your mood. If you’re feeling down, lift your spirits by helping someone. Are you having a great day? Share your happiness by spreading kindness.
Did you know?
February 17 is Random Acts of Kindness Day but you can practice kindness any day of the year. It's always a good time to help others.
What is a random act of kindness?
A random act of kindness is an unplanned gesture to help a friend, family member or total stranger. Not sure what to do? Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Buy someone a coffee
- Hold the door for a stranger
- Help someone carry their groceries
- Smile at a stranger
- Buy dinner for the person sitting at the table next to you
- Compliment someone
- Pick up trash at the beach or park
- Run an errand for someone
- Bake cookies for your neighbor
- Volunteer for the day
The options are endless. You can keep it simple or be creative. Just remember that it doesn’t matter how small the act is, it’s the thought that counts.