Did you know that owning a pet (a dog in particular) can be good for your health? There are many reasons why. Pets can help you lead a longer, healthier life by:
- Lowering stress
- Keeping you active
- Helping to protect you from heart disease
- Boosting happiness and well-being
- Providing social and emotional support
Tips for staying active with your pet
Keep your heart – and your pet – healthy by trying these fun ideas:
- Go for a walk – A daily walk can be good for both of you.
- Visit a dog park – Your dog can play and you can socialize.
- Play ball – Enjoy some fresh air and play time.
- Have a picnic – Pack food and water for both of you, and toys for your pet.
- Take a dip – Visit the nearest ocean, lake or pool.
- American Heart Association
Helpful information for our patients