OptumCare case management services. An important relationship that may lead to better health. Know your rights and your role.
Below are the rights and roles for those enrolled in our complex case management program. If you are not enrolled in this program and would like information, please call us at 1-623-293-9775.
The OptumCare case management program pledges to help you get access to care and information so that you can take charge of your health. You have the right to:
- Know about our program and services and all we have to offer.
- Work with your doctor to make health care choices and have our support.
- Know about treatment options and talk about those choices with your doctor.
- Get information that’s easy to understand. If you don’t speak English, or if you have a physical or mental disability, we’ll provide support so that you can make informed health care decisions.
- Have your personal information kept private and know how we protect your privacy.
- Know who can see your information.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect by our staff.
- Know which staff members are managing and monitoring your illness, and how you can make a change.
- Choose not to take part in our program and in any part of your care plan, or quit the program at any time.
- Know about any changes in our program services or termination of our services.
- Know how to file complaints, how we respond to and work out issues, and how long it will take.
Know what to do if you feel your rights have been violated, or you have been treated improperly. We’re here to support the relationship and treatment plan you have set up with your doctor.
As part of your commitment to our program and services – and to your health – your role is to:
- Follow the plan you made with your case manager. Tell your case manager if you can’t follow your case management plan or if you would like to change it.
- Follow your doctor’s directions about your illness. Talk with him or her before changing your treatment plan.
- Give us the information we need to provide you with the tools and services you might need.
- Let your doctor and us know if you choose to quit our program.
- Tell us when you are in the hospital, when your medications change, and when you get a new doctor.
Call your doctor when needed. Call 911 if you have an emergency. Your OptumCare registered nurse case manager will explain your choices, and ask for your input in your care management plan.