Five things to take to your next doctor visit
- Your health plan member ID card and a photo ID.
- Patient forms. Save time in the office and complete any forms before your visit. Ask the office to mail the forms to you so you can fill them out at home.
- Your medicines. This includes any vitamins or supplements you’re taking. It’s best to bring them in their original bottles. If you don’t have the original bottles, bring a list of what you take.
- Bring a record of any shots you’ve had, if you have it.
- Advance care planning documents. These papers spell out how you want to be cared for if you become too sick to speak for yourself. They also name who can legally speak for you when you’re too sick to decide on your care.