Learn how Medicare works
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a health care program run by the federal government.
There are different parts to Medicare:
- Part A covers hospital stays and inpatient care (most people get Part A when they sign up for Medicare)
- Part B helps cover doctor visits and outpatient care
- Part C plans cover all Medicare Parts A and B benefits, and most offer more
- Part D helps with the cost of prescription drugs
How do I qualify for Medicare?
You qualify for Medicare if:
- You’re age 65 or older and a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- You’re under 65 and living with certain disabilities.
- You have end-stage renal disease (your kidneys can no longer work well enough to keep you alive).
What kinds of Medicare plans are there?
Medicare plans offered by private insurance companies cover a wide range of benefits. But, they come in three basic types:
- Plans that cover the same as Original Medicare. Most add prescription drugs, vision and hearing. They’re called Part C or Medicare Advantage plans.
- Plans that cover Medicare prescription drugs. These are known as Part D plans.
- Plans that cover costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. They’re known as Medicare supplement plans, or Medigap plans.
Want to learn more?
We can help if you’re looking to:
- Find a doctor
- Ask questions
- Compare plans
- Learn more about plans
- Choose a plan to fit your unique needs
All you need to do is call today.
Talk with an agent
Call the Optum Sales Support Center. We’ll connect you with knowledgeable licensed insurance agents. They’re friendly and supportive, and trained to help you find a plan that’s right for you.
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time
A representative from the Optum Sales Support Center can connect you with a licensed insurance agent in your area to review your health insurance plan options.
The Optum Sales Support Center connects Medicare beneficiaries with resources including licensed insurance agents that sell Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
Get information directly from Medicare
We’re ready to help. Call our friendly Customer Care Advocates today at 1-877-901-5336.