Optum Care in Arizona
OptumCare Primary Care video visits
Now, some of your primary care appointments can happen from the safety of your home. If you're an OptumCare Primary Care patient, FollowMyHealth offers you face-to-face video visits with your primary care doctor. All you need is a computer, smartphone or tablet.
What is FollowMyHealth?
FollowMyHealth is a free online health management tool that provides you the health information you need when you need it. You can:
- Schedule appointments
- Have a video visit online
- View lab results
- Send secure messages to your doctor
To schedule, call your OptumCare Primary Care clinic to see if your appointment will work as a video visit. Video visits can include:
- Routine follow-ups
- Minor illnesses
- Medication renewals
- Test and imaging results review
- Management of long-term medical problems
If a video visit will work for your appointment, we’ll schedule it with you. Then, you’ll get an email confirming your video visit. Read more in our FollowMyHealth resources section for a step-by-step guide on how your video visit will work.
OptumCare Primary Care locations with FollowMyHealth
OptumCare Primary Care – Moon Valley
1107 E. Bell Road, Ste. 4
Phoenix, AZ 85022
OptumCare Primary Care – Deer Valley
20041 N. 19th Ave., Ste. A
Phoenix, AZ 85027
OptumCare Primary Care – Ina Medical Center
1669 W. Ina Road, Ste. 141
Tucson, AZ 85704
OptumCare Primary Care – Black Canyon
8041 N. Black Canyon Highway, Ste. 1
Phoenix, AZ 85021
OptumCare Primary Care – Green Valley Family Practice
695 S. Pecan Tree Lane Green Valley
Tucson, AZ 85614
OptumCare Primary Care – Midvale Medical Center
1460 W. Valencia Road
Tucson, AZ 85746
- Schedule your video visit with your OptumCare Primary Care doctor’s office.
- Look for an email invitation to FollowMyHealth.
- Enter the invitation code that will be sent to you.
- 15 minutes before your appointment time, log in to your FollowMyHealth account.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see your upcoming appointments on the dashboard.
- Click on "Join Visit."
- Follow the next steps to start your video visit.
Wi-Fi connections will work best. You may have poor video quality with 3G and 4G connections.OR
We're here to help. If you need assistance or want more information, contact us.
- For questions about FollowMyHealth, call 1-888-670-9775 or email email@example.com.
- For virtual care appointments, call your OptumCare Primary Care doctor’s office.
If you have any problems or need help signing up, you can contact the FollowMyHealth support desk at 1-888-670-9775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.OR
Your privacy is important to FollowMyHealth. They take every step to protect your privacy. FollowMyHealth is also careful to follow all federal and state privacy laws. Here's how FollowMyHealth makes sure your information is safe online:
• In compliance with federal patient privacy laws, all data that's transmitted is encrypted at all times. The data storage is also encrypted for protection.
With FollowMyHealth, you log in with SSL (https) which is an industry standard for secure online communication.
• The first time that you create a FollowMyHealth account, you'll be asked to share some basic information so that you can be verified. FollowMyHealth will not release or sell your information to other organizations, people, etc.
FollowMyHealth can verify you without the need to create a new email address or information to log in if you sign in with any of the following:
FollowMyHealth will not use any information from third-party organizations other than what is required to help you get to your records.
If you use one of the above sites to log in, FollowMyHealth will not store your username and password and your private information will only be stored by those sites.
Messages in FollowMyHealth are not reviewed right away. It may take up to three business days for a response to your message.OR
There are a few reasons why you can’t find your test results.
• Your test results may be restricted due to state law or system requirements. There are certain results that are unable to appear in FollowMyHealth, including, but not limited to:
- Hepatitis tests
- HIV tests
- Tests related to drug abuse
- Pathology tests (including PAP tests, biopsies) and radiology results (including X-rays, ultrasounds, CT imaging, MRI scans and mammograms) are released to FollowMyHealth based on your doctor’s orders
• Results are not posted until your doctor has reviewed them. Each doctor's review time may be different.
• If you’re viewing results for a child or family member, you'll need to switch to another account. If that’s the case, here’s what you need to do:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to your name at the top of the screen.
- Select the person's name for whom you want to view test results.
Depending on how the medication was entered into your health record, you may not be able to request a renewal in FollowMyHealth until your doctor orders the medication for you.OR
If you don't find your pharmacy in FollowMyHealth, please contact FollowMyHealth support. Here’s how to do that:
• In the “My Account” drop-down menu, select “Support”.
• In the “Support” tab, select “Product Feedback”.
• In the “Product Feedback” tab, select “Suggestions”.
• On the “Patient Suggestions” page, request your pharmacy be added (include address and phone number).
“Read Only” access only allows the health care proxy to view information. “Full Access” allows the health care proxy to have full functionality of the account.
A health care proxy is another person who has permission from a patient to view the patient's records or act on their behalf in a health care setting.OR
If you have your own FollowMyHealth account, you can give permission to anyone you choose to log in to your account by following these steps:
• From the “My Account” drop-down, select “Preferences”.
• On the “Preferences” screen, select the “Invite a Proxy” button.
• You will be presented with two choices:
o “Grant Read Only access” means your health care proxy can only read the information in your account.
o “Grant Full access” means your health care proxy can read and make changes in your account.
• Type in the required information and click “OK” to send the invite to your health care proxy.
• You must type in your health care proxy’s email address to send the invite to them.
If you decide you no longer want your information going to FollowMyHealth, you have two choices:
• From the “My Account” drop-down menu, choose the “Connections” tab.
• From the “Connections” tab, you can remove the organization to which you no longer want information going by clicking on the “X”.
Please note that your historical data will stay on the FollowMyHealth site even after you have taken the actions listed above in choice one.
• From the “My Account” drop-down menu, choose the “Preferences” tab.
• From the “Preferences” tab, you can permanently remove your account.
Please note that health care proxies or anyone to whom you have given permission to view your account will also be removed from your account if you take the actions listed above in choice two.
If you have any problems or need help signing up, please contact the FollowMyHealth support hotline at 1-888-670-9775 or email email@example.com.