The OptumCare Network of Nevada offers Medicare Advantage members more than 3,000 health care providers and a wide range of hospitals throughout Nevada.
Becoming a member of OptumCare Network of Nevada is simple. We accept these Medicare Advantage plans:
- UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Focus (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP® MedicareComplete® (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP® MedicareComplete® Premier
- Anthem MediBlue Coordination Plus (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Plus (HMO)
If you are a member of one of these plans, you can choose a primary care provider who is part of the network.
How does the network, your plan and your doctor work together?
Figuring out how your health plan, medical network and doctor work together can be confusing. What’s the difference between what your health plan does and what your network does? How do they both work with your doctor?
Health insurance plan
Your plan pays the cost of your medical care. It may also cover:
- Behavioral health care
- Prescription drugs
You choose a medical network and doctor through your plan.
The medical network offers the health care providers and hospitals you may use. Services may include:
- Hospital stays
- Urgent care
- Specialist care
- Help for long-term care needs
- Lab services
- X-ray services
Your doctor and health care team
You select your primary care doctor through your medical network. Your doctor works with your medical network and health plan to keep you feeling your best.
When can I join?
The open enrollment period is a time when people who are eligible for Medicare can:
- Enroll in a new Medicare Advantage (MA) plan.
- Switch from original Medicare to an MA plan.
- Your new plan will usually go into effect on January 1 of the next year.
You are also eligible to enroll in a Medicare plan when:
- You're turning 65 soon, or you've recently celebrated your 65th birthday.
- You've recently moved to southern Nevada.
- You've just become Medicare-eligible.
Southwest Medical Associates
One of Nevada's largest multispecialty medical groups, caring for southern Nevadans since 1972.
Have a question for one of our locations or the network?
We're proud to offer dedicated services to help people ages 65+ live life to the fullest.