Become a patient
When you choose Optum, you choose great care that’s focused on you and located close to home. We see patients of all ages. We also care for many types of medical problems. No matter where you are in your health journey, we're here for you. Learn more about us.
With Optum, you get the care you need when you need it.
When you become an Optum patient, you have access to:
- Many types of care for individuals and families
- Care and programs for those on Medicare
- More than 3,700 primary care doctors and 11,000 specialty doctors
- More than 110 clinic locations and over 80 urgent care centers
- More than 40 of the area’s leading hospitals that we partner with
- Virtual care so you can see your doctor from home
- Pharmacy services
- Patient support for your questions
Optum values and respects the relationship you have with your primary care doctor. Two people with the same medical problem often need very different care. We know that each person is one of a kind. That’s why we tailor the care to meet your unique needs.
We give you a personalized care team that puts you at the center. Your primary care doctor will work with your team so you get the right care when you need it.
We also make sure you see the right specialists. And we give you extra support and services to help your care run smoothly. We take care of the details so you can focus on your health.OR
Optum accepts most major health insurance plans. Your insurance plan may require a copayment at your doctor's visit.
We also accept automatic bill pay, cash, checks, Visa, American Express, Discover and MasterCard.OR