Optum Virtual Care offers many ways to connect to your doctor:
- A phone visit
- A visit to our patient portal
- A video visit on your computer, smartphone or tablet
Phone and video visits work well for:
- Routine follow-ups for long-term problems and medications
- Talking about lab or imaging results
- Minor infections, illnesses or injuries
- Basic health concerns, such as a cold or flu
Video visits are a safe, easy way to get the care you need. They let you meet with your doctor using live video on your computer, smartphone or tablet — and all from the comfort of your home.
During your video visit, you can:
- Connect face-to-face with your doctor.
- Get great, personalized care.
- Save time and worry less about getting to your doctor’s office.
- Have a visual exam, if your care doesn’t need an in-person visit.
- Ask questions and get important information.
- Get prescriptions sent to your chosen pharmacy.
If you don’t have a computer, smartphone or laptop, you may be able to have a phone visit.
Have questions? Visit our patient support page.
To find out if a video visit will work well for you and to schedule a visit, call your doctor’s office. Helpful information is also available on our patient support page.OR
Make sure you have a computer, smartphone or tablet with high-speed internet, a camera and microphone.OR
Be sure to have ready:
- A list of any symptoms or problems you have
- A list of any questions you want to ask your doctor
- A list of the medications you take, including how much and when
- Logs of your blood sugar and/or blood pressure, if you check one or both regularly
- A thermometer, in case your doctor wants to check your temperature
Yes, all new patients must complete the following forms before a video visit:
- New patient registration (where you sign up)
- Authorization to treat/release of health information
- HIPAA/privacy practices
- Eligibility waiver
Note: Video visits aren’t for serious or life-threatening symptoms. If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.