20 tips to boost your mental health
It's time to give your brain a boost.
Did you know that your mental health is just as important as your physical health? Taking care of both is key to overall health. So, what can you do? Keep it simple. It doesn’t take much effort or time to give your mind a boost. There are plenty of activities you can do daily.
Here, we share 20 tips you can try. Choose the tips that work for you:
- Journal – Write down your feelings and what you’re grateful for each day.
- Take a vacation – Planning even the shortest getaway can give you something fun to look forward to.
- Get creative – Try a new recipe, write a poem or start a new project.
- Try dark chocolate – The ingredients can benefit alertness and mental skills.
- Focus on the positive – Try appreciating what you have instead of focusing on what you don’t.
- Color – It’s relaxing and can help clear your mind.
- Laugh – Watch a funny movie.
- Go off the grid – Avoid your phone for a day.
- Dance – On your own or with others.
- Take a bath – Destress in a warm bath of Epsom salt.
- Spend time with your pet – Pets are known to lower stress levels.
- Practice mindfulness – Once a day, focus on keeping your mind in the present.
- Explore your town – Visit a place you’ve never been to.
- Try something new – Go outside of your comfort zone to add excitement.
- Forgive – Don’t hold onto negative feelings.
- Smile – It may be tough to do, but it can help calm you.
- Send a thank you note – Show your appreciation to someone.
- Spend time with family and friends – Quality time with those close to you has countless benefits.
- Go for a walk – Get outside in your yard or visit the park.
- Enjoy the sunshine – Vitamin D can help boost your mood.
Mental Health America
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.