7 tips for grilling fruits and vegetables
Follow these simple tips.
Grilling fruits and vegetables is an easy and delicious option for a side to go with your main course. And it’s healthy. Grilling fruits and vegetables also helps limit nutrient loss while locking in flavor.
Just follow a few simple tips
- Choose fruits and vegetables that are ripe, but not too soft.
- Avoid direct heat or flames.
- Try sprinkling fruits with cinnamon or lemon juice.
- Season vegetables with your favorite herbs and spices.
- Cut fruits and vegetables into large equal pieces to keep them from falling through the grates and to ensure even cooking.
- Grill fruits and vegetables with the skin on to help maintain the shape.
- Brush fruits and vegetables with melted butter to help avoid sticking to the grates.
Which fruits and vegetables can you grill?
Almost any fruit or vegetable can be cooked on the grill. Here is a list to get you started.
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.