7 tips for grilling fruits and vegetables
Wow your family with this no-recipe recipe.
Grilled fruits and vegetables make an easy, tasty and healthy side dish. Grilling them also helps lock in flavor, as well as vitamins and minerals.
Try our no-recipe recipe:
- Choose fruits and vegetables that are ripe, but not too soft.
- Don't put them too close to direct heat or flames.
- Sprinkle fruits with cinnamon or lemon juice.
- Season vegetables with your favorite herbs and spices.
- Cut fruits and vegetables into large equal pieces. They'll cook more evenly. Plus, they're less likely to fall through the grates.
- Grill fruits and vegetables with the skin on. This will help them keep their shape.
- Brush fruits and vegetables with melted butter. It'll help them keep from sticking to the grill.
Which fruits and vegetables can you grill?
Almost any fruit or vegetable can be grilled. Here's a list to get you started:
- Produce for Better Health Foundation. Have a plant. Accessed April 6, 2022.
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.