Picnic chicken salad
Fuel yourself with protein for lunch or a snack.
A major part of healthy aging is healthy eating. With the busy lives we lead, an easy and delicious recipe is always welcome. This chicken salad takes minutes to create and will keep you fueled with protein to get through your day. Try it for lunch or a snack.
- 2 ½ cups chicken breast (cooked, diced)
- ½ cup celery (chopped)
- ¼ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (light)
- ⅔ tablespoon pickle relish
- Combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use within 1-2 days.
Try it three ways:
- Make chicken salad sandwiches.
- Wrap the chicken salad in romaine lettuce leaves for a healthier spin.
- Make a pasta salad by mixing with 2 cups cooked pasta.
U.S. Department of Agriculture, What’s Cooking? USDA Mixing Bowl