Schedule your Annual Wellness Visit
Stay on top of your health.
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is your chance each year to sit down with your doctor and:
- Talk about your overall health
- Work together to make sure your personal care plan is working
Is it covered?
Yes, if you’ve had Medicare Part B for longer than 12 months. Check with your health plan to make sure.
What to expect
At your visit, your doctor will:
- Get to know your medical, social and emotional health history
- Check your height, weight and blood pressure
- Go over health tests you may need, like blood sugar levels and cholesterol
- Check your medicines to make sure they’re still right for you
- Partner with you to create your personalized health goals
What happens after your visit?
Your care team will:
- Check in on you to answer your questions.
- Help you to get specialist care, if you need it.
- Support you for any of your health care needs and medicines.
- Help you to meet your health goals, with screenings and doctor visits.
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.