The right care for you and your family.
OptumCare™ Medical Group locations offer a full range of health care services led by primary care providers. These include:
- Services to help prevent illness, such as checkups and annual health screenings
- Treatment for a variety of illnesses
- Care for chronic conditions
- Screenings for disease
- Referrals to programs to keep you healthy
- Shots to protect you against diseases
OptumCare Medical Group offers three types of primary care. The type of care we offer varies by location.
- Family medicine. This is sometimes called family practice. Family medicine providers take care of people of all ages. They offer health care for the entire family, no matter your age or illness.
- Internal medicine. Internal medicine doctors care for adults. They focus on preventing illness, figuring out the causes of illness and taking care of adults with a variety of health conditions.
- Geriatric medicine. These doctors have a special focus on the health and well-being of older adults. OptumCare Medical Group also offers a range of healthy aging resources for people ages 65+.
Your health care team
Your OptumCare Medical Group health care team includes doctors, nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs). NPs and PAs are highly qualified licensed health care professionals. They have advanced education and specialized training to provide you with medical care and improve the health of you and your family.
The doctors in our offices closely supervise our NPs and PAs. As part of your health care team, NPs and PAs often do physical exams and perform health screenings and lab tests. They also care for patients who are ill or injured and can prescribe medicines.
The OptumCare Medical Group primary care difference
Choosing a primary care physician (PCP) is an important decision. You want to know your health is in good hands. When you pick an OptumCare Medical Group PCP:
- You can feel confident that you’ll get personalized attention.
- You’ll have a health care team who knows and cares about you and your family.
- You’ll have providers who have access to advanced medical technology and treatments. This helps them deliver the care you and your family need, when you need it.
Each time you visit your PCP, there will be time for you to ask questions. We want you to get information you need to help you stay healthy. Your PCP will take the time to understand your personal situation. This helps us to offer you services and care based on your needs. Your PCP will also work hard to understand your medical history and current health. That way, we can find the right specialists and programs for you, if you need them.
OptumCare Medical Group primary care services
Most of our primary care locations offer the services listed below. Check with the office that is convenient for you to see which services they offer.
Services to help you stay healthy (preventive services)
- Annual wellness exams or preventative health visits
- Birth control counseling, prescriptions and monitoring
- Physical exams before and after surgery
- Well-woman exams (including breast exams and Pap smears)
Care for common illness
- Colds and coughs
- Headaches and migraines
- Sprains and strains
- Upper respiratory conditions (bronchitis, sinus infections)
- Urinary tract infections
Care for chronic conditions
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Health care screening
- Biometric (wellness) screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Cancer screenings
- Cholesterol screening
- Complete health screening
- Diabetes screening
- HPV and STD screening
- Treatments and program referrals to quit smoking
Shots to prevent illness
- Travel vaccines
- Other routine shots
Laboratory & radiology services
Some of our locations offer on-site lab and X-ray services. Sometimes you may need tests that you can’t get in your doctor’s office. If so, we will refer you to a lab or radiology office that is in your health plan network. These tests may include:
- Bone density tests (DEXA scans)
- Carotid doppler
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Pregnancy test
- PT/INR blood test
- Tuberculosis (PPD) test
- Urine test
- Vascular screening
- Venous doppler
After-hours and urgent care
When you or a family member is sick or injured, you don’t want to worry about where to go for care. When you need health care fast, it’s good to know your options.
The best place to start when you’re sick or hurt is with your PCP. He or she knows your health history, including any conditions you may have or medicines you’re taking.
If your regular doctor’s office is closed, OptumCare Medical Group has some offices that offer after-hours or urgent care services.
Our after-hours or urgent care locations can help take care of many common conditions such as:
- Flu and colds
- Coughs and sore throat
- High fevers
- Vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Cuts and severe scrapes
- Broken bones
- Minor injuries and burns
- Sports injuries
- And more
Please note: Call 911 right away if you have a serious illness or injury such as:
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Numbness in the face, arm or leg
Ready to join OptumCare Medical Group as a patient? Find out how.