We focus on keeping your child feeling their best.
As a parent, you want to keep your family in the best of health. OptumCare™ Medical Group offers care for children in several of our office locations.
Our family medicine doctors provide care for the whole family. This often includes children. Many patients enjoy having this kind of family relationship with their health care provider. Some of our locations also have pediatricians. These doctors have special training in caring for children and adolescents of all ages. Care for children includes:
- Checkups, well-child visits and other preventive services
- Care for chronic illness
- Care for minor illnesses
- Immunizations to prevent illness and disease
Sometimes, your child may also need to see a specialist. If so, your child’s primary care provider will refer your child to an in-network pediatric specialist. Our providers work closely with pediatric specialists in the community to make sure your child gets the right care, at the right time.
The OptumCare Medical Group difference
At OptumCare Medical Group, our focus is on the patient. That means we put your child’s health first. You can feel confident knowing that your child’s health care provider will:
- Use advanced technology and data to help determine the right care for your child.
- Find the right specialists and programs for your child, based on his or her unique health needs.
- Keep you informed so you can best manage your child’s health conditions.
Pediatric care services we offer
Many OptumCare Medical Group locations offer the services listed below. Check with one of our doctor’s offices that is convenient for you to see which specific services they offer.
- Annual physical exams
- School, sports or camp physicals
- Vision and hearing tests
- Well-child visits
It’s a good idea for your child to have regular well-child visits up to age 3. After that, we recommend a checkup every year. During these visits, your child’s pediatrician or family medicine provider will:
- Examine your child’s health
- Give your child any shots recommended by the CDC
- Provide you with information to help you look after your child’s health
Care for common illnesses
- Colds and coughs
- Diarrhea, nausea and vomiting
- Earaches and ear infections
- Headaches and migraines
- Sprains and strains
- Stomach aches and stomach flu
- Strep throat
- Upper respiratory conditions (bronchitis, sinus infections)
- Urinary tract infections
- Other common illnesses
Care for chronic conditions
- ADD and ADHD
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Other chronic conditions
Shots to prevent illness
- Hepatitis A and B
- Tetanus/diptheria/pertussis (Tdap)-Polio-HiB
- Other shots as needed
Lab testing services
Some of our locations offer on-site lab services. If your child needs other tests not available on site, our providers will refer you to a lab that’s in your health plan network. These tests might include:
- Infant pediatric VEP vision testing system
- Lead test
- Mono test
- RSV (respiratory synctial virus) test
- Strep test
After-hours and urgent care
We know that illness can happen at any time, day or night. When your child needs health care fast, it’s good to know your options.
The best place to start when your child is sick or hurt is with your child’s doctor. He or she knows your child’s health history, including any conditions your child may have or medicines your child takes.
If your child’s regular doctor’s office is closed, our after-hours or urgent care locations can help get your child back on the road to recovery as quickly as possible. Our after-hours or urgent care locations can help take care of many common conditions such as:
- Flu and cold
- Coughs and sore throat
- High fevers
- Vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Cuts and severe scrapes
- Broken bones
- Minor injuries and burns
- Sports injuries
- And more
Please note: Call 911 right away if your child has a serious illness or injury such as:
- Chest pain or trouble breathing
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Numbness in the face, arm or leg
Want to join OptumCare Medical Group as a patient? Find out how.