It’s easy to join OptumCare Medical Group!
OptumCare™ Medical Group accepts new patients with many different health insurance plans. We accept most HMO, PPO, POS, Original Medicare, Medicare supplement and Medicare Advantage plans. We also accept cash and credit cards.
If you have a PPO plan, Original Medicare or if you are paying cash:
You can simply call to make an appointment directly with the doctor of your choice.
Accepted PPO health plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- Community Health Group (San Diego offices only)
- Health Net
Here’s how to join us if you have HMO health plan coverage:
- Choose an OptumCare Medical Group office and primary care doctor.
- Choose a medical network/group that has a contract with the doctor. (You can find this information on the locations page for the medical office you choose.)
- Call the member services number located on the back of your health plan card.
- Inform the member services representative that you would like to switch to another primary care doctor.
- Give the member services representative the name of the doctor and medical network/group you’ve selected.
- Your health plan will confirm the effective date with your chosen doctor and medical group. A new health plan ID card will be sent to you.
Accepted health plans
OptumCare Medical Group accepts most major health insurance plans, however it may vary by office location. Below you will find a list of the health plans we accept. Please contact your chosen office to confirm they accept your insurance. You can also ask your health plan if you are able to choose an OptumCare Medical Group doctor.
Visit each plan's website for more detailed information.
Medicare Advantage HMO Plans:
- Anthem Blue Cross (Medicare Advantage)
- Blue Shield 65 Plus
- Care 1st Health Plan
- Easy Choice Health Plan
- Health Net
- LA Care Health Plan
- Molina Health Plan
- SCAN Health Plan
- UnitedHealthcare (Medicare Advantage)
Good health starts with making good decisions. You need to have a doctor and Medicare plan that you know will be there for you. We recognize that one health care solution might not be right for everyone. Even when it comes to Medicare, there are options that can be tailored to your specific needs. Learn about the Medicare options available in your area.
HMO Health Plans:
- Care 1st Health Plan (Long Beach office)
- Health Net (Long Beach office)
- LA Care Health Plan (Long Beach office)
- Molina Health Plan (Long Beach office)
- OneCare/OneCare Cal MediConnect
Medical Networks/IPAs that have a contract with OptumCare Medical Group:
Once you’ve selected an OptumCare Medical Group provider:
- Make an appointment.
- Download, complete and bring your patient forms to your appointment.
If you can’t fill out these forms before your appointment, we'll ask you to complete them when you arrive.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time. This will give you time to register and fill out any forms before you meet with your new provider.
Remember to bring:
- Your health plan card
- A valid photo ID
- A list of your current medicines
- Money to pay your office co-pay
Do you have questions about Medicare enrollment?
Choosing the Medicare plan that is best for you can be a difficult decision. It can help to have someone who can walk you through all the options.
There are several ways to learn about your Medicare coverage options:
- You can review the CMS website at www.medicare.gov or call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- You can contact Medicare Advantage health plans directly for information about the plans they offer.
- You can speak with a licensed insurance agent who can help you understand your options.
OptumCare Medical Group works closely with Golden Outlook Insurance Services to help people who are eligible for Medicare. Golden Outlook is an insurance agency. They can help you understand more about your Medicare choices and how to enroll.
Golden Outlook has served people in Southern California for over 25 years. They are dedicated to helping you find the right Medicare health plan for your unique health care needs.
Learn more about Golden Outlook Insurance Services. or, to be connected with a licensed insurance agent, call (800) 980-1757*
*A representative from Golden Outlook Insurance Services can connect you with a licensed insurance agent in your area to review your health insurance plan options. Golden Outlook Insurance Services, license #0E97515, is a licensed insurance agency that works with Medicare enrollees to explain Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement Insurance, and Prescription Drug Plan options.