Instead of reaching for a bowl of vanilla ice cream, try this healthy twist on a favorite treat. Feel free to make the smoothie your own. You can swap ingredients for ones you prefer, or leave some out.
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅓ cup frozen peaches
- ⅓ cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries or blackberries
- 1 TSP pure vanilla extract
- 8 ice cubes (or more for thicker smoothie)
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend for about one minute.